Call for Presentations
2014 Annual Conference and Education Program
September 28 – October 1, 2014
Greater Fort Lauderdale Broward County Convention Center
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
The International Code Council (ICC®) Training and Education department is looking for presenters for education programs at the 2014 Annual Conference. We are looking for innovative and engaging training and education sessions that address accessibility and disaster mitigation.
Education Sessions – half-day 3 hour sessions – will be scheduled for these dates:
- Monday, September 29 (1:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.)
- Tuesday, September 30 (1:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.)
- Wednesday, October 1 (8 a.m. – 11 a.m.)
This is a great opportunity for presenters to address an audience of code officials, inspectors, plans examiners, fire officials, city managers, engineers, architects and others related to the code enforecment industry.
- Proposals are due March 31, 2014
- All education sessions must be 3 hours in length
- All handouts must be submitted in specified electronic format by August 2014
You will be notified by April 22, 2014 if your proposal has been selected.
Questions can be directed to 888-ICC-SAFE (888-422-7233), Extension 4525 or email@example.com.
The Cracker Barrel is a round table discussion. The presenter should be prepared to deliver a 20 minute presentation (presented 2 times) within the allotted timeframe. To submit a proposal to present during the Cracker Barrel event, simply email the subject matter you wish to present and you will be contacted when the event manager has reviewed and approved the request.
Schedule for submitting Cracker Barrel proposals:
- August 8, 2014 – Deadline for submitting proposals
- September 5, 2014 – Notification of selection results sent to submitters
- October 1, 2014, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Presentations at 2014 ICC Annual Conference
Note that ICC does not provide honoraria for Cracker Barrel presenters. Presenters are responsible for their own travel, lodging and other expenses.
Questions can be directed to 888-ICC-SAFE (888-422-7233), Extension 4333 or firstname.lastname@example.org.