||2009 IBC Performing Nonstructural Plan Reviews
|Objectives||Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to determine that building planning:
- Complies with applicable standards for construction.
- Specifies use of appropriate materials and methods.
- Is providing an environment that is safe for people and property.
- Complies with the applicable IBC minimum requirements.
- Perform a review of fire-resistance rated construction.
- Perform a fire protection systems review.
- Perform a means of egress review.
|Description||This seminar will help you learn how to perform nonstructural plan review tasks that are consistent with the requirements in the 2009 International Building Code (IBC). When you complete this workshop, you will be able to determine whether a given set of building plans complies with the outlined requirements of the 2009 IBC.
The topics covered in this course are not all inclusive. Selected topics that mirror the plan review record are included and additional topics applicable to most construction projects are covered. Prior to performing any part of a nonstructural plan review, the plan review should read all provisions of the required chapters and determine the applicability of the provisions on a project-by-project basis.|