||2009 IFC High-Piled Combustible Storage
|Objectives||Upon completion, participants will be better able to:
- Describe the scope and application of IFC Chapter 23
- Explain the commodity classification system based on the criteria in IFC Section 2303
- Apply the requirements of Chapter 23 for high-piled combustible storage.
- Identify the various storage methods for high-piled combustible storage.
- Describe how each storage method contributes to fire behavior
- Explain the basic requirements of NFPA 13, Sprinkler Systems, 2002 edition, for storage occupancies.
|Description||This seminar provides a basic understanding of the hazards associated with high-piled combustible storage and introduces the participants to the provisions in Chapter 23 of the 2009 edition of the International Fire Code (IFC). The seminar is based, in part, on the High-piled Combustible Storage Application Guide. In addition, because of the importance of automatic sprinkler systems in the protection of high-piled combustible storage, the seminar places special emphasis on the classification of commodities and understanding the design criteria in NFPA 13 for storage.|