||2012 IBC Assembly Means of Egress
- Describe Section 1028 and how it applies and differs from remainder of Chapter 10:Reference how various sections such as 1005.1, 1007.1, 1009.4, 1009.7.2, etc. reference 1028.
- Apply Section 102.1 and fact Section 1028 is a “specific” requirement.
- Apply 1028 is to rooms “used for assembly purposes……..” (1028.1) and is not limited to assembly occupancies.
- Determine occupant load: Section 1004:General code requirement for areas with or without fixed seating. (Focus on assembly items from Table 1004.1.2)
|Description||Focusing on Section 1028 of the 2012 IBC, this seminar identifies those provisions specific to assembly buildings and assembly spaces. The hazards associated with large numbers of occupants in concentrated areas are specifically addressed through the special requirements of Section 1028. The seminar also includes a discussion of ICC 300, Standard for Bleachers, Folding and Telescoping Seating, and Grandstands. Specific topics include:
- Main exits
- Width of means of egress
- Smoke-protected seating
- Assembly aisles
- Aisle accessways
- Handrails and guards
- Bleachers and telescoping seating