||Overview of Fire Alarm Provisions, Based on the 2012 IBC, IFC and NFPA 72, 2013 edition
|Objectives||Upon completion of this fire alarm seminar, participants will be better able to:
- Identify the requirements of IFC Section 907, Fire Alarm and Detection, signaling and emergency communication Systems.
- Explain the intent of Section 907, Fire Alarm and Detection Systems.
- Explain the importance of why fire alarm systems are required
- Identify key requirements NFPA 72 related to installation, inspection, testing and maintenance of fire systems and components. .
- Determine the provisions that have changed in NFPA 72 in the 2010 and 2013 editions.
|Description||This course provides an overview of the latest safety provisions related to fire alarm, detection, signaling and emergency communication demands. The building and fire code requirements based on occupancy classification for automatic and manual systems and other scoping provisions related to fire alarms will be presented. This will be followed by coverage of NFPA 72 installation, performance, inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire alarm systems and fire systems components. This will include the identification of alarm testing, maintenance of fire alarm systems and identification of fire alarm elements on building plans.|