ICC Certification and Testing will be making program changes to more closely align with the values and goals of ICC, as well as continuing to maintain the validity, fairness, reliability, and credibility of your exam programs. Please read through the list of upcoming changes, and let us know if you have questions.
Here’s a quick look at what’s upcoming:
- Code year basis of exams in 2015:
- 2009: National Certification exams based on the 2009 editions of the International Codes will continue to be offered via computer-based testing through June 2015, with exceptions noted in the Examination Information Bulletin. 2009-based exams will also be available via paper-and-pencil testing until further notice.
- 2012: National Certification exams based on the 2012 editions of the International Codes will be offered via both paper-and-pencil and computer-based testing throughout 2015 and beyond.
- 2015: On January 1, 2015, National Certification exams based on the 2015 editions of the International Codes launched via paper-and-pencil testing; on July 1, 2015, these exams will also be available via computer-based testing.
- Program changes in 2015:
- Options for attaining continuing education units (CEUs), as well as the number of CEUs required for the number of certifications you hold, are being revised over the next several years. Learn why ICC is making this change and view the new methods for obtaining CEUs.
- Modules (exams) required for both the Certified Building Official (CBO) and Certified Fire Marshal (CFM) designations are now changed; check out the current National Certification Examination Information Bulletin for more detailed information .
If you have questions or feedback about any of these changes, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 888-ICC-SAFE (888-422-7233), ext. 5524.