I’m a student. What’s in the program for me?
In addition to explaining how things are done, HSTTP will also teach you why things are done a certain way. This deeper understanding will help every contractor in the country stand behind their work and guarantee its safety.
Many contractors learned the code the hard way—when an inspector came in and explained their work was done incorrectly and needed to be fixed. Learning the codes in school gives you a competitive edge from your first day on the job site.
Additional benefits of HSTTP:
- You will learn up-to-date code knowledge and technical training that go hand-in-hand with practical training for the workplace.
- You will be better prepared to pursue career and college opportunities.
- Having a technical code background will help open the door to many career opportunities including code administration.
- Students who complete all four parts (i.e. earn four certificates of achievement) will have a valuable head start when sitting for the ICC National Residential Building Inspector Certification exam. In most areas, this certification is required to obtain a residential building inspector position.
What are participants saying about their experience in the program?
Read stories from students and instructors in the News & Reviews.
- ICC High School Technical Training Program Brochure
- ICC News Release announcing program expansion nationwide
- Building Safety Journal Article Highlighting the Harford Technical School ICC Pilot Program
- Careers in Code Enforcement brochure
- Youtube – HTTSP in Action at New Town High School, Baltimore County
- Youtube – Harford Students Help Build Woman’s House
- DOE Solar Decathlon-An exciting IRC related college competition in energy efficiency!
- ICC iPad App
- About ICC