2022 Committee Action Hearings (CAH) – Group B Codes
March 27 – April 6, 2022 | Rochester Riverside Convention Center
This year’s code hearings offer ICC members/non-members, code officials, architects, builders, structural engineers, fire and residential and existing building professionals as well as those responsible for the administration of the I-Codes, the opportunity to provide input on proposed code changes to the Group B International Codes®.
See page 3 of the 2021/2022 Code Development Schedule for details on code chapters, notes and committee information for the Group B codes.
Group B Codes include:
More details on codes covered in Group B:
- Admin: Chapter 1 of all the I-Codes except the IECC, IgCC and IRC. Also includes the update of currently referenced standards in all of the 2021 Codes, except the IgCC.
- IBC-S: IBC Structural provisions. IBC Chapters 15 – 25 and IEBC structural provisions.
- IEBC: IEBC Non-structural provisions.
- IgCC: Chapter 1 of the IgCC. Remainder of the code is based on the provisions of ASHRAE Standard 189.1 Standard for the Design of High-Performance Green Buildings, Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings. The 2021 IgCC was published in Spring 2021.
- IRC-B: IRC Building provisions. Chapters 1 – 10.
Health and Safety COVID-19
In accordance with local regulations, masking at this event is optional. Your health and safety are always a top priority, so we will have hand sanitizer and complimentary masks on hand for those who wish to use them. We’ll continue to monitor local, state and federal regulations for large gatherings and will adjust our health and safety protocols accordingly.
Governmental Member Voting Representatives must be validated in order to vote at the Annual Business Meeting, Public Comment Hearings and Online Governmental Consensus Vote this fall. Click here for more details.
Stay Informed with Text Message Updates
Save valuable time and stay on schedule by signing up to receive text message updates about the progress of code change hearings during the Code Council's 2022 Committee Action Hearings. Opt-in to receive text messages. Standard text messaging charges may apply. To unsubscribe, text STOP to 77453. For help text HELP anytime.
If you've opted-out of this service in the past, you need to text UNSTOP to 866-806-9422. This will remove the block on a carrier level. Then you will need to opt-in again.
|March 26||6:30 – 8:30 pm ET||Major Jurisdiction Committee Meeting|
|March 27||8 – 10 am ET||Membership Council Meetings|
|1 – 7 pm ET||Committee Action Hearings|
|March 28 – April 2||8 am – 7 pm ET||Committee Action Hearings|
|April 3||10 am – 7 pm ET||Committee Action Hearings|
|April 4 – 6||8 am – 7 pm ET||Committee Action Hearings|
*Event times are subject to change.