The 2021 International Codes are currently going through our established validation process, conducted in accordance with Council Policy 28.
As reported last month, the Validation Committee reviewed the third-party independent audit of the Group B online governmental consensus vote and confirmed that:
- Only eligible voters were given voting privileges via the online system.
- The vote tallies were accurate.
- The electronic system was secure and experienced no breaches.
- The voting was confidential and properly administered.
- The ballot period was opened and closed on time and within established procedures.
Over the past few weeks, International Code Council staff have taken a close look at the governmental voters, the process for validating voters, and potential voting irregularities, as requested by the Validation Committee.
Later this week the Validation Committee is meeting to review the results of this audit. Once that committee makes a determination, their recommendations will go before the Code Council Board of Directors, who will issue a final ruling on the Group B code changes. The Code Council will then issue a public report on the proceedings.
The Code Council remains committed to an open, transparent and balanced code development process, and we thank all our members and partners for their participation in this essential function. Please stay tuned for updates and visit our website to learn more.