St. Louis, MO. – Members of the International Code Council elected the new officers and directors to its 2023-2024 Board of Directors during the Annual Business Meeting in St. Louis, MO. The board is responsible for the Code Council’s strategic direction, while adhering to its stated mission of building safety.
The newly elected executive committee includes:
- President—Stuart Tom, P.E., CBO, FIAE. Tom is the Superintendent of Building and Fire for the City of Pasadena, California. He is a registered engineer in the states of Washington and California, holds a host of professional certifications, and is active in the development of fire and life safety codes and standards at the national and state level.
- Vice President— David Spencer, CBO. Spencer is the Operations Manager in Adams County, Washington, with a team consisting of Plans Examiners, Building Inspectors, and consultants with plan reviews, inspections, manpower, customer service, and technology needs. He is also a member of the Washington Association of Building Officials and the Region II Chapter of the Code Council.
- Secretary/Treasurer — Mike Boso. Boso is the Chief Building and Zoning Official of Grove City, Ohio. As a true advocate of the Code Council’s High School Technical Training Program, Boso frequently visits the vocational school he attended and speaks to students.
- Further, Michael P. Wich will automatically assume the role of Immediate Past President. Wich is the director of Building Code Administration and the Chief Building Official of the South-Central Planning and Development Commission in Houma, Louisiana. He is a former president of the Building Officials Association of Louisiana.
Additionally, newly elected and re-elected board members include:
- Andre Jaen, MCP, CBO, CSP, Section C Director for a 3-year term
- Blake Steiner, CBO, Section F Director for a 3-year term
- Michael Savage, Director at Large for a 3-year term
- Ron Clements, Director at Large for a 3-year term
- Steve McDaniel, Director at Large for a 3-year term
“The Code Council Board of Directors represents leaders in the industry who are committed to membership engagement and connecting communities with the best support in building safety,” said Dominic Sims, CBO, Chief Executive Officer of the Code Council. “We look forward to bettering our organization from the knowledge and expertise of these individuals.”
About the International Code Council
The International Code Council is the leading global source of model codes and standards and building safety solutions. Code Council codes, standards and solutions are used to ensure safe, affordable and sustainable communities and buildings worldwide.