Washington, D.C. – The International Code Council family of solutions joins hundreds of modular construction professionals from around the world for the 37th annual World of Modular Convention and Tradeshow hosted by the Modular Building Institute in Orlando, Florida, from March 9-12, 2020.
For nearly four decades, World of Modular has provided the opportunity for building professionals to network, learn from high-profile experts, discuss industry issues, display new products, and attend renowned educational sessions about the latest trends in commercial modular construction.
A major focus of the convention highlights the expanded use of off-site construction as one approach to addressing the many challenges faced by the building industry including workforce availability, housing affordability, job site safety, building quality and sustainability. The Code Council family of solutions offers multiple solutions to support the safe and efficient use of off-site construction. As the newest company to join the Code Council, NTA is a leader in off-site construction plan review and inspections.
“World of Modular plays an essential role in the modular construction community and offers a great opportunity for industry innovation and collaboration around critical topics such as housing affordability and the workforce,” says Code Council Chief Executive Officer Dominic Sims. “As a codes and standards provider focused on addressing these issues, the Code Council is proud to participate in this important event where we can showcase our commitment to providing leading building safety solutions as well as learn from other experts around the world.”
The Code Council and NTA are participating in several activities during the World of Modular convention including:
- NTA will be exhibiting on the expo floor.
- A meeting of the Off-Site and Modular Construction Standards Committee to continue development of ICC/MBI Standard 1200: Standard for Off-Site Construction Planning, Design, Fabrication and Assembly and ICC/MBI Standard 1205: Standard for Off-Site Construction Inspection and Regulatory Compliance on March 11 and 12.
- A meeting of the National Renewable Energy Laboratory’s Advisory Board for Energy Efficiency in Permanent Modular Construction on March 9. Code Council Vice President of Innovation Ryan Colker is a member of this committee.
- An educational session on the Safe Use of Modified Shipping Containers will include information from ICC Guideline 5: Guideline for the Safe Use of ISO Intermodal Shipping Containers Repurposed as Buildings and Building Components. The session is led by Stephen Shang, CEO, Falcon Structures who was a member of the Guideline’s development committee.
- The Code Council will release a Specialty Catalog of courses on the Learning Center that support code officials and others in plan review and inspection for off-site construction projects.
To learn more about how the Code Council family of solutions supports off-site construction visit www.iccsafe.org/offsite.
To learn more about the off-site training opportunities offered by the Code Council Learning Center, click here.
About the International Code Council
The International Code Council is a nonprofit association that provides a wide range of building safety solutions including product evaluation, accreditation, certification, codification and training. It develops model codes and standards used worldwide to construct safe, sustainable, affordable and resilient structures.
About ICC Evaluation Service
The ICC Evaluation Service (ICC-ES), a member of the ICC family of solutions, is a nonprofit, limited liability company that does technical evaluations of building products, components, methods and materials. ICC-ES evaluation reports, building product listings and plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas and solar thermal product listings provide evidence that products and systems meet requirements of codes and technical standards.
NTA provides code evaluation, product certification, inspection, engineering, off-site construction plan review, and testing services, as well as independent quality and standards compliance verification for many building products.