NEW: Use CARES Act Funds to Purchase Essential Digital Solutions
Date: Thu, Jul 23, 2020
Time: 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM CDT
CEU credits not available
The critical Digital Solutions that your organization needs are an eligible expense for CARES Act funds. The Code Council’s family of solutions offer several tools that improve telework capabilities and enable the remote function of government. Join this webinar to learn how these tools will make your organization resilient. Register here.
- Document – “Considerations for Moving Permitting and Plan Review Online”
- Free Webinar – ''Moving Permitting and Plan Review Online"
- ICC Publication - Recommended Practices for Remote Virtual Inspection
- Document – “Considerations for Virtual and Remote Inspections”
- Free Webinar – “Options for Virtual and Remote Inspections"
Here’s a sample of jurisdictions that have developed guidelines for virtual inspections:
- Alexandria, Virginia
- Arlington County, Virginia
- City of Austin, Texas
- City of Fort Collins, Colorado
- North Carolina Code Officials Qualification Board
- North Carolina Department of Insurance
- North Las Vegas
- Los Angeles County Video Inspection Process and Inspection Guide for PV Systems For One- and Two-Family Dwellings
- City of Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety's "COVID-19 Safety Guidance for Construction Sites"
Switching to Virtual Permitting and Inspections
If you are looking to switch to virtual permitting and inspections, we can help you. The Code Council offers a highly configurable web-based software solution for building and code enforcement officials called Municity. This software includes permitting, inspection management, mobile inspection, and public access to the permitting and scheduling process. Please contact Dan Foster, email@example.com, (855) 436-2633 for more information.
Free-to-view online versions of the International Codes and additional materials are available through the ICC Digital Codes Library. In addition the Code Council offers a premium subscription service, premiumACCESS, for those looking for more enhanced features.