ICC board holds annual winter meeting in New Orleans
From Dec. 8–9, 2017, the International Code Council Board of Directors held its annual winter meeting and workshop in New Orleans, La. During its in-person meeting, the board dispensed with the following items:
- Council Policy Updates — the board approved revisions to the following council policies: CP-1—Appeals; CP-28—Code Development; and CP-47—Chief Executive Officer Evaluation.
- Development of Membership Council Ad Hoc Committee — the board approved the development of an ad hoc committee that will develop criteria and evaluate and assess the current state of the ICC Membership Councils. This committee will be chaired by Immediate Past President Dwayne Garriss with directors Davis, Peterson, Bridges and Tom serving as members.
- Appointments — The board approved new appointments to the ICC-ES Board of Managers and the Codes and Standards Council.
ICC-ES Board of Managers:
Rich Truitt, deputy director, Hartford County Government
Sharon Goei, building official, city of Santa Clara, Calif.
Codes and Standards Council:
Stephen Thomas, Colorado Code Consulting LLC, city of Cherry Hills Village, Denver, Colo.
Becky Baker, Jefferson County Division of Building Safety, Jefferson County, Colo.
Ronald Clements Jr., Chesterfield County Building Inspection Department, Chesterfield County, Va.
Ed Berkel, Mehlville Fire Protection District, Mo.
Doug Wise, Palm Beach County Planning, Zoning and Building Department, Fla.
- Updates to the Code Development Process — The board approved a modification to cdpACCESS requested by the IAC that allows participants to send a masked email to a proponent/public commenter who “opted out” of publishing their email address with their submittal. The board also approved the framework for the creation of a “Blue Ribbon” committee to review and recommend long-term changes to the ICC Code Development Process, as identified in feedback received in phase one of our tri-annual review.
- Budget — the ICC board approved a standing motion from the Budget Committee to approve ICC’s 2018–2020 budget.
Further, on Dec. 9, 2017, the board engaged in a workshop session that included a strategic discussion and exercise and a presentation from Alabama Sports Hall of Fame inductee Jay Barker, a former University of Alabama football quarterback and current sports radio personality. Click here to see photos from the event.
The next in-person board of directors meeting will take place on April 14, 2018, in Columbus, Ohio, in conjunction with ICC’s spring hearings.