International Pool | Spa | Patio Expo prepares for Las Vegas
Registration has officially opened for the 2018 International Pool | Spa | Patio Expo™ (PSP Expo), which returns to Las Vegas, Nev., for the first time since 2015. The exposition, sponsored by the Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP), will be held Oct. 31 through Nov. 2, 2018, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Bayside Halls D-F.
Pre-conference, which includes certifications programs offered by APSP, GENESIS®, National Swimming Pool Foundation® (NSPF®), National Plasterers Council (NPC), and the American Shotcrete Association (ASA), commences on October 28, 2018.
The PSP Expo plans to attract more than 10,500 residential and commercial industry professionals and more than 500 exhibitors spanning over 134,000 square feet.
In 2015, the PSP Expo attracted builders, service professionals, retailers, spa dealers and manufactures from all 50 states within the United States.
“We’re excited to return to Las Vegas,” commented Tracy Garcia, CEM, show director of the PSP Expo. “In 2015, 66 countries were represented at the exposition, signifying its importance as an international platform for business, collaboration and exchange of ideas.”
“We are excited to partner with the PSP Expo, to bring world-class education to all segments of the pool, spa and outdoor living markets” said APSP President and Chief Executive Officer Lawrence Caniglia. Pre-show educational offerings from APSP include:
- APSP PSCC Pool & Spa Construction Course® (PSCC)
- APSP CST Certified Pool & Spa Service Technician Course® (CST)
- APSP Certified Pool & Spa Hot Tub Technician Course® (CHTT)
- APSP Certified Pool & Spa Maintenance Specialist Course® (CMS)
- APSP Professional Pool Spa Operator Course® (Hybrid PPSO)
- APSP Train the Trainer Program
Pre-show educational offerings from GENESIS include:
- CONSTRUCTION 401: Advanced Watershape Construction
- DESIGN 102: Sketching and Freehand Communication*
- DESIGN 211: Elements of Design
- DESIGN 431: Advanced Color Theory*
- ENGINEERING 211: Basic Fluid Engineering
*New this year.
Additional educational offerings and certification programs include:
- NSPF Certified Pool-Spa Operator® (CPO) Certification
- NSPF Advanced Service Technician (AST) Certification
- National Plasterers Council Start-Up Certification Program (NPC)
- NPC Start-Up Recertification Class (NPCR)
- ASA Contractor’s Qualification Seminar
All above-mentioned APSP, GENESIS® and additional educational programs include a Conference Super Pass, access to the expo hall and the Welcome Party, held October 31. Pre-registration for conference sessions and events is required.
The only overlap between exhibits and education will be the several free seminars on the show floor, including the Hayward School of Business, GENESIS Lifestyle Program, and Commercial Education. Descriptions for each program are available at www.poolspapatio.com. Registration for show floor education is highly recommended but not required and seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The International Code Council and ICC Evaluation Service will be exhibiting at the expo. Please visit us at booths 1363 and 1365.