Let us know if your jurisdiction has adopted any of the I-Codes.
United States Usage of the I-Codes
- The International Building Code (IBC) is in use or adopted in 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, NYC, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
- The International Residential Code (IRC) is in use or adopted in 49 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- The International Fire Code (IFC) is in use or adopted in 41 states, the District of Columbia, NYC, Guam and Puerto Rico.
- The International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) is in use or adopted in 49 states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, NYC and Puerto Rico.
- The International Plumbing Code (IPC) is in use or adopted in 35 states, the District of Columbia, NYC, Guam, and Puerto Rico.
- The International Mechanical Code (IMC) is in use or adopted in 46 states, the District of Columbia, NYC, Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- The International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC) is in use or adopted in 42 states, the District of Columbia, NYC, Guam, and Puerto Rico.
International Usage of the I-Codes
- Caribbean Community and Common Market (CARICOM: 15 Caribbean countries) through the Caribbean Regional Organization for Standards and Quality (CROSQ): The Caribbean Building Standards use the IBC, IMC, IPC and IECC as base documents for that region’s regulations.
- Haiti: 2009 IBC and IRC are the basis for the 2012 Code National Du Bâtiment D’Haïti [Haitian National Code]
- Jamaica: 2009 I-Codes are the official standard for Jamaica.
- Trinidad and Tobago: Adopting ICC A117.1-2009, 2015 IBC, IRC, IMC, IFGC, IPC and IgCC as a basis for the National Building Code for Trinidad and Tobago through a license agreement.
- The Cayman Islands: The Cayman Islands adopts the 2009 IBC, IRC, IFC, IPC, IMC, and IFGC. .
- Colombia: The Spanish 2009 IBC is the base document for Standard NSR-10, Colombia’s National Building Code; the Spanish 2009 IPC is used the basis for Colombia’s Plumbing Code
- Honduras: 2006 IBC in Spanish as the basis code for Honduras Building Code
- Mexico: The Residential Building Code (CEV) is based on the IRC. The IECC is the basis for the IECC-Mexico the first Energy Conservation Model Code outside of the U.S.
- Georgia: Currently using the 2006 IBC, pending update to the 2012 IBC
- Abu Dhabi: I-Codes are the basis for the 2013 Abu Dhabi codes: ADIBC, ADIMC, ADIECC, ADIFGC, ADIPMC, ADIPSDC and AD Accessibility Standards
- Saudi Arabia: The 2006 IBC is the basis for the Saudi Building Code
- Afghanistan: Using the I-Codes as a working document for its national codes.
- United Nations: ICC developed the Performance Based Guidelines for the Design and Construction of Commercial Office Buildings for UN Buildings worldwide.
Welcome to the newly designed ICC website! We are really excited about the new site and have spent a great deal of time and care to ensure you have a great experience.
The key guiding principle in this undertaking has been to improve the experience of our Members and all website visitors, specifically navigation, design and site search. And the site is mobile friendly.
This is only the first phase. It is important to note this is a work in progress with additional content and new functionality coming in later stages to further enhance your online experience.
Key new features include:
- Single sign on; authentication with key ICC applications such as cdpACCESS, the store, forums, etc.
- New layout and structure to enable improved readability
- Improved navigation
- Contemporary, mobile-friendly design with a cleaner and fresh approach
- Improved site search capabilities
- New images, graphics and videos
- Several reorganized, categorized and rewritten pages
- New calendar and event module with ability to download to personal calendars
- Predefined pathways for commonly used feature/functions
We also have developed videos to assist you in exploring the new site. Click here to take a tour.
We hope you will enjoy the site and thank you for your visit!
November 1 – 4
Baltimore Convention Center
Daily Conference Newsletters
The Code Council’s most recently filed IRS Form 990 will be made available upon request.
For faster viewing/downloading, right click link and select "save target as" and save to your computer.