CARICOM Regional Energy Efficiency Building Code (CREEBC)
The CARICOM Regional Energy Efficiency Building Code (CREEBC) is an adaptation of the International Energy Conservation Code®, 2018 Edition, published by the International Code Council. It is designed specifically to meet the needs of the Caribbean and other countries in a tropical environment. It establishes minimum energy efficiency requirements for buildings using prescriptive and performance-related provisions inclusive of building envelope, cooling system, ventilation, pumping, lighting and the service water-heating systems in buildings. The CARICOM Regional Organization for Standards and Quality (CROSQ) undertook the development of the CREEBC with support from the Energy for Sustainable Development Regional Project, part of the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) funded by the Global Environment Facility (GEF), and administered by the Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC).
The International Code Council offers numerous resources to enable jurisdictions in the Caribbean region and throughout the world to effectively implement the CREEBC.
ICC offers the following self-paced online training courses to familiarize professionals with the CREEBC and to prepare for certification exams
ICC offers credentialing exams to building safety and construction industry professionals through its PRONTO® portal, which allows candidates to register to take credentialing exams online from any secure location, scheduled at their convenience, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. ICC credentialing exams can be taken without ICC exam preparation courses. While participating in exam preparation courses, including those offered by ICC, can enhance performance on the exams, such participation does not guarantee certification.
- CROSQ Residential Energy Inspector/Plans Examiner Certification – this certification exam evaluates the candidate’s basic knowledge and understanding of the CARICOM Regional Energy Efficiency Building Code (CREEBC), including material, installation, methodology, plans examination, and inspection of energy conservation materials and construction methods and practices as they pertain to residential structures as defined in the CREEBC.
- CROSQ Commercial Energy Inspector/Plans Examiner with ASHRAE 90.1 Certification – this certification exam evaluates the candidate’s advanced knowledge and understanding of the CARICOM Regional Energy Efficiency Building Code (CREEBC), including material, installation, methodology, plans examination, and inspection of energy conservation materials and construction methods and practices as they pertain to commercial structures as defined in the CREEBC and ASHRAE 90.1 standard.
The Professional Development Council (PDC) advises the Board of Directors on coordinated career path resources for ICC Members to strengthen the credibility of the Code Council’s Certification and Education programs.
The PDC is comprised of the Education Committee (EC) and the Certification Committee (CC).
The Professional Development Council:
- recommends initiatives identified by the CC and EC to better serve the needs of the Membership,
- coordinates the goals and objectives of the CC and EC, and
- identifies certification and education issues arising from ICC policies that will improve or enhance the position of ICC.
The duties and responsibilities of the Professional Development Council are outlined in CP-45-14.
Chief Building Official
Sacramento County – Office of Development and Code Services
Donny Phipps, CBO, CFM
City of Inman, South Carolina
Executive Vice President & Director of Business Development
ICC Proctored Remote Online Testing (PRONTO) Helping Your Organization Provide
PRONTO On-site (PRONTO@work)
Not sure what is needed to establish a dedicated PRONTO@work testing area in your office? PRONTO provides overview resources to help you get started, as well as recognition for organizations that have committed to providing this valuable opportunity on-site for their staff.
PRONTO is a proctored online remote testing option now available to all code officials. This secure and convenient online exam delivery service is even better when integrated into your jurisdiction through a dedicated on-site testing area.
- Convenient Access: Exams are available 24/7
- Real-time Results: Results are provided upon test completion
- Test Integrity: Advanced exam security features ensure test integrity and accuracy
- One-of-a-Kind Solution: PRONTO was the first proctored remote online testing option available for building professional certifications
By providing an easy and hassle-free way for staff to take certification tests in the office, your organization will:
- Increase efficiencies with less staff time-off for travel to exams
- Provide a peak testing environment for success with a controlled, distraction-free setting
- Encourage more employees to pursue certifications and advancement
- Commit to safer communities through increased number of staff with code credentials
- Be known as an innovative partner dedicated to ensuring code compliance and professionalism within your department with recognition as a PRONTO@work organization
We've upgraded PRONTO's proctoring service in our commitment to improving your testing experience.
A functioning microphone (some web cameras have the built-in)
A compatible browser : Google Chrome (preferred), Mozilla Firefox, or Safari
Google Chromebooks (supported for G Suite Certificaiton and G Suite Administrator exams)
Tablets (Nexus, iPad, Tab, Note, etc.)
Linux operating systems
Windows 10 in S mode or Surface RT
No running inside a virtual machine. You will be asked to reconnect using your host operating system to take your exam
NOTE: Before you test, you will be prompted to download a one-time minor software installation. You have the option to delete the software after your exam or keep it on your browser if you are planning to take another PRONTO exam in the future.
- Want the Full Guide to PRONTO? Visit our Exam Administration Guide
- Search for your exam on the Exam Catalog
- How to buy an exam
- How to begin your PRONTO exam
For Proctor Connection Issues, contact ProctorU:
Phone: 1-855-772-8678, Option 1
Text Support Prior to connection time: send a ticket for support
Text Support During connection time: You will have Live Chat support available
Hours of Operation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
For all other questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are You Interested in Becoming a PRONTO@work site?
Simply setup your space and tell us about it by filling out the form.
We Want to Hear from You!
Are you already a PRONTO@work site and want to share your experience and join our growing list of PRONTO@work sites? Send pictures of your testing area and/or testimonials to email@example.com.
Apprenticeship Skill and Improvement Program Operating Engineers Local 150
City of Aurora Illinois
City of Kent
City of Marble Falls TX (Development Services Dept.)
City of New Smyrna Beach Florida
City of Sheridan
City of Tracy
Howard County Inspections DILP-2
Pickaway County Building Department
S & ME, Inc.
Universal Engineering and Science
Village of Elk Grove Village
Village of Lisle, IL If you offer a PRONTO@work testing area, please fill out the form above so we can highlight your organization!
Convenient, Affordable Training -
No Travel Required!
Join a live training event from any location with an internet connection. When you join a virtual classroom, you can actually see your instructor. This is a hybrid learning environment where you participate remotely but experience the same collaboration, instructor interaction and learning benefits as if you were physically in the classroom.
Getting the Most out of the 2018 IPMC® | April 16
Be sure to join us this April 19–22 at ICC Learn Live - an innovative 4 day online training event!
2018 Plan Review | April 19–23
2021 IBC® Significant Changes | April 21
When Disaster Strikes | April 27–28
2018 Commercial Building Inspection | April 29–30
2018 Permit Tech Certification Test Academy | May 17–19
Report Writing for the Code Official | May 26
Basic Code Enforcement | May 27
2018 Accessibility & Usability | June 10
2019 CRC Essentials | June 29
2019 CBC Essentials | June 30
The International Code Council offers live webinars led by industry professionals on specialized topics. The webinar series are becoming a very popular alternative to full day trainings that break up larger topic areas into condensed 1 to 1 1/2 hour training over multiple sessions. Take one or take them all!
Leadership Webinar Series:
Code Enforcement Webinar Series:
2018 Fire Inspector Webinar Series:
General Inspection Administration | May 18
The Code Council offers a robust online course selection. These courses can be taken on your schedule and are available 24/7. You can find some of our more popular online courses below.