||2012 IBC Concrete Quality and Field Practices
|Objectives||Upon completion, participants will be better able to:
- Identify the applications of concrete.
- Identify materials for concrete.
- Select concrete proportions.
- Follow the procedures for batching and mixing concrete.
- Identify quality and plant procedures for plant-produced concrete products.
- Distinguish hot-weather concreting versus cold-weather concreting.
|Description||This course discusses the construction and inspection applications of the International Building Code® (IBC®) and referenced standard for concrete design and construction, ACI 318-08, Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete. For quality and testing of materials used in concrete construction, the appropriate American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standard specifications are referenced directly. The program emphasizes proper field procedures and inspection practices for quality structural concrete. The materials presented in this seminar are designed to assist participants in determining acceptable or unacceptable construction applications for concrete and components from the 2012 IBC and the referenced standards.|