|Objectives||Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be better able to:
- Recognize the limitations and extent of the codes related to existing buildings.
- Recognize the classifications of work associated with existing buildings.
- Identify fire protection systems that need to be upgraded.
- Recognize vertical openings that need partial or complete enclosure.
- Identify unsafe interior finishes that need to be replaced.
- Determine adequate means of egress.
- Identify needed accessibility improvements.
- Identify improvements to structural systems.
- Describe the compliance alternative tabular method of evaluating existing buildings.