|Course Title||2012 IFC and IBC Hazardous Materials Provisions|
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be better able to:
• Locate and describe applicable hazardous materials in the 2012 IFC and the 2012 IBC.
• Classify materials as to its appropriate hazard and determine allowable exempt amounts for each material.
• Explain conditions which exempt a structure from Group H occupancy classifications.
• Define control areas and identify when control areas can be applied as an alternative to Group H classification.
• Define the Group M display and Group S storage option for certain hazardous materials as an alternative to a Group H classification.
• Determine when a building or structure should be classified as Group H.
• Describe how each Group H classification impacts corresponding height and area limitations, mixed uses and means of egress for a building or structure.
|Description||The 2012 IFC® and IBC® Hazardous Materials Provisions seminar addresses requirements for buildings utilizing hazardous materials and requiring coordination between the fire and building codes. It reviews the requirements found in Chapters 50 through 67 of the International Fire Code® (IFC®), as well as Chapter 3, and Sections 414 and 415 of the International Building Code® (IBC®).|