||2012 IFC High-Piled Combustible Storage
|Objectives||Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be better able to:
- Describe the scope and application of Chapter 32 of the IFC.
- Explain the commodity classification system based on the criteria in Section 3203 of the IFC.
- Apply the requirements of Chapter 32 for high-piled combustible storage.
- Identify the various storage methods for high-piled combustible storage.
- Describe how each storage method contributes to fire behavior.
- Explain the basic requirements of NFPA 13, Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems, 2010 edition, for storage occupancies.
|Description||This seminar provides a basic understanding of the hazards associated with high-piled combustible storage and introduces the participants to the provisions in Chapter 32 of the 2012 International Fire Code (IFC). The seminar is based, in part, on the High-piled Combustible Storage Application Guide. In addition, because of the importance of automatic sprinkler systems in the protection of high-piled combustible storage, the seminar places special emphasis on the classification of commodities and understanding the design criteria in NFPA 13 for storage|