|Course Title||2012 IFC Performing Commercial Fire Inspections|
Upon completion, participants will be better able to:
1. Explain the importance and benefits of a fire inspection.
2. Describe the four types of commercial fire inspections.
3. Identify the occupancy type of a building.
4. List the five types of construction.
5. Demonstrate effective verbal, written and nonverbal communication skills during all phases of the commercial fire inspection process.
6. Perform the common steps in the commercial fire inspection process.
7. Explain concepts of code requirements in each of the major commercial fire inspection areas.
8. Locate and apply commercial fire code requirements.
9. Conduct research to identify applicable code or standards given a fire and/or life safety issue.
|Description||This seminar presents the process of conducting commercial fire inspections, following the provisions and requirements of the 2012 International Fire Code®. Specifically, the seminar provides participants with checklists that enable those performing commercial fire inspections to determine whether the materials, design, construction, installation and location of building components comply with the code.|