Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be better able to:
- Recognize which accessibility requirements are enforceable by the building official.
- Determine the extent to which accessibility code provisions apply to the design and construction of any commercial facility, as well as the alteration or change of occupancy of an existing building.
- Identify the basis for the technical requirements set forth in the referenced standard.
- Identify scoping and technical requirements for:
- Exterior accessible routes (accessible routes criteria, accessible parking spaces, curb ramps and signage);
- Accessible entry and means of egress (entrances, means of egress, areas of refuge, exterior area for assisted rescue);
- Interior accessible routes (accessible route criteria, elevators, lifts, ramps and doors);
- Building features and facilities (toilet and bathing facilities, drinking fountains and customer service facilities);
- Special occupancies (assembly, self-service storage, judicial facilities, recreational)
- Dwelling and sleeping units (transient lodging and institutional units);
- Existing structure requirements in the 2015 International Existing Building Code (IEBC).