||2015 IFC and IBC Hazardous Materials Provisions
|Objectives||Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be better able to:
- Locate and describe applicable hazardous materials in the 2015 IFC and 2015 IBC.
- Classify materials as to their appropriate hazard and determine allowable exempt amounts for each material.
- Explain conditions which exempt a structure from Group H occupancy classifications.
- Define control areas and identify when control areas can be applied as an alternative to Group H classification.
- Define the Group M display and Group S storage option for certain hazardous materials as an alternative to a Group H classification.
- Determine when a building or structure should be classified as Group H occupancy.
- Describe how each Group H classification impacts corresponding height and area limitations, mixed uses and means of egress for a building or structure.
|Description||The 2015 IFC® and IBC® Hazardous Materials Provisions seminar addresses requirements for buildings utilizing hazardous materials and requiring coordination between the fire and building codes. It reviews the requirements found in the International Fire Code® (IFC®), as well as requirements of the International Building Code® (IBC®). Participants will examine the application of code requirements to determine compliance for the storage use, handling and dispensing of hazardous materials.