Renew and Track Your Certifications Online
To complete your renewal online:
- Complete the CEUs required for your certification(s), found in the Renewal Bulletin.
- Log in to the Renewal module - here you can:
- Enter CEU information
- Complete your renewal application
- Enter payment information to finalize your application
You are now able to complete the certification renewal process entirely online. You can enter and keep track of your continuing education unit (CEU) credits, and fill out the renewal application, all on a password-protected, secure site. Tutorials on our website will show you how to work in this system, and will answer any questions you might have. View details.
Exception: Certifications that cannot be renewed online include NAFED (FE, FK, FN) and most UST certifications (except for the UI program).
Certifications Expired? You May Be Eligible for Reinstatement
Starting in February 2016, individuals with certifications expired more than six (6) years can reinstate their certifications without the need to re-test. Expired certifications initially issued by ICC or the legacy organizations (ICBO, BOCA, SBCCI, CABO) are eligible for reinstatement.
Advantages of the new Reinstatement Program include:
- Allows reinstatement of expired certifications without the need for retesting
- Provides greater opportunity and job mobility by holding a current ICC certification
- Helps address the impending shortage of certified code officials
- Provides a path for reinstatement that meets the spirit and intent of the current ICC Certification Renewal program
You can complete an application now for certifications issued by ICC or certifications issued by a legacy organization. Questions? We've compiled the most frequently asked questions on the Reinstatement Program FAQs.
State CEU Recognition Information
ICC submits requests for continuing education recognition for ICC education to applicable approving bodies. As new offerings are developed, requests for continuing education recognition are submitted and information is updated upon receiving notification of recognition from the specific agency/organization. View state CEU information.