Permit Tech Institute
This institute is designed to educate permit technicians with skills and abilities necessary to perform their jobs more effectively. Topics covered include code administration, legal aspects, code language, code enforcement, reading construction documents, performing plan reviews and the permitting and inspection process. Participants will become familiar with the International Building Code (IBC) and the International Residential Code (IRC) and sharpen their customer relations skills. Each participant will receive all necessary reference materials.
Available Dates & Locations
- Dallas, TX: April 17 - 18, 2018
|Member Price||Course Duration||# CEUs Awarded||PP||AIA||HSW|
- Describe an overview of building code enforcement.
- Employ legal principles in the building department.
- Explain the fundamental plan review process.
- Read basic construction documents.
- Use I-Codes to find the answers to frequently asked questions.
- Use strategies and techniques to effectively interact with customers
NOTE: Discounts will be taken at time of checkout.
The following course references are included with this Institute:
- Basic Code Enforcement (1016S12)
- Permit Technician Study Companion (4027S15)