July 25, 2001
Thank you for your reply!
November 8, 2000
The performance code is a standalone code. It is ultimately intended to be adopted as the main document in a jurisdiction which is supported by the other prescriptive codes such as the Building Code, Fire Code etc. That is how it works in various countries. It is well understood though that this may not be a reality immediately in all jurisdictions. Perhaps a transistional approach is to reference the document as a resource. If it is not adopted at all it is still an excellent tool for a jurisdiction and designers alike. Chapter 1 provides a detailed process when accepting performance designs (in our current environment - equivalencies) It walks through the responsibilities, qualifications, submittal, review all the way to the long term maintenance of the building or facility. Hopes this helps.
Most Recent Topics
- ICC University vs ICC Campus
- get certification
- Hello from Oak Lawn, IL
- Why isn't this a "cripple wall"?
- Focusing Study for B1 Exam
- Multi Family Housing Washing Machines
- Construction damage detection
- No Frost footing,403.1.4.1 2 story with walkout basement
- Stair Stringer Connections to Floor Framing
- Is an enclosed porch "Habitable Space"?