April 9, 2013
I am also a special inspector and I believe we are asking is there an ICC wood framing special inspector certification available or being developed. Many buildings designed under the 2009 IBC have Wood Framing Special Inspections listed but no specific ICC certification seem to be available. The closest certification is the residential inspector certification which only has a small section of wood framing.
June 24, 2015
Hi, Phil -
ICC offers a number of certification exams (for inspectors, plans examiners, etc.) as well as quite a few contractor/trades exams (for electricians, plumbers, etc.). I'm not sure in which direction you're looking, but offer a few links to help you determine which exam best fits your needs:
Please feel free to contact our department if you need additional info - we can be reached at email@example.com or 888-422-7233 ext. 5524.
Best of luck to you -
January 6, 2013
im a special inspector trying to achieve a certification in doing framing, plywood nailing, holdown bolting hardware straps etc., inspectors certification. can you please assist me on this?
Most Recent Topics
- ICC University vs ICC Campus
- get certification
- Hello from Oak Lawn, IL
- Why isn't this a "cripple wall"?
- Focusing Study for B1 Exam
- Multi Family Housing Washing Machines
- Construction damage detection
- No Frost footing,403.1.4.1 2 story with walkout basement
- Stair Stringer Connections to Floor Framing
- Is an enclosed porch "Habitable Space"?