December 31, 1969
Has anyone seen or utilized the 2005 Head Start Design Guide document? I have a set of plans for a proposed head start building on my desk and the first thing I noticed on code review is that there are not separate bathroom facilities for boys and girls...it is a large multiple toilet bathroom which has direct access to two different classrooms. Not through a hallway and not through one door but approachable directly and concurrently from both classrooms at any given time (see attached). I asked the architect about this and the response was that they were utilizing this design guide. I guess my standpoint at this juncture is that I am not going to permit this or allow such a configuration. Anyone have thoughts, opinions, or experience with this?
Most Recent Topics
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- Shear Walls
- Gas valve clearance from operable windows or doors
- Passed test
- P3 Plumbing Plans Examiners Exam
- Outdoor area occupancy classification
- Restaurant vs Bar Occupant Load Calculation
- elevator access to mezzanine and 2nd floor
- Notching load bearing wood stud wall