January 17, 2018
Silica fume, also known as microsilica, is an amorphous (non-crystalline) polymorph of silicon dioxide, silica. It is an ultrafine powder collected as a by-product during silicon and ferrosilicon alloy production.
According to the SiO2 content, our products can arrange form grade 85% to grade 96%. According to the bulk density, we can divide our products into densified silica fume and undensified silica fume.
(1). Silica fume in Concrete
. Can increacing strength, density
. Frost resistance, Early strength,
. abrasion resistance performance
(2). Silica fume in Cement
Strengthens the fibre cement product
(3) Silica fume is used in refractory
Greatly improved products strength and high temperature performance.
(4) Other Applications for Silica Fume
. Rubber industry
. Anti-caking industry
. Pellet binder
. Waterglass industry
Most Recent Topics
- Basement Insulation Retrofit in Zone 5
- Concrete inspection experience
- Accessible bathroom requirement (PA)
- Submersible Pump Cable
- Taking special inspector exam (plans) with Pearson vue.
- when we need to provide a fire shutter,any code reference??
- Vancouver, BC Welding Inspectors S2
- risk factor for detached residentail garage
- ECONET for Automatic Temperature Control
- Existing vs New Building / Business vs current Codes