November 13, 2018
Hello all, I had questions on two different certifications.
I've been focusing on preparing for the B1 Residential Inspector and feel I'm almost ready to take the exam, but I'm a bit confused.
I live in CA and understanding we operate under the CA codes. My reasoning is I am planning on moving from CA in the near to close future. My thinking was to complete the international certificate then convert it to the California code.
While talking with some of the inspectors at my place of employment, they told me about the CA residential test and that it was only on chapters 1-10.
My question: Is this the same for the international code certification? I've been using the study guide produced by the ICC and it covers the entirety of the book, through PEM. So I'm unsure if I should be doubling down on 1-10 or the entire book.
I do want an all around knowledge of the whole book, but I would also like to hone in on the content of the test.
Thank you for your insight.
Most Recent Topics
- Plumbing Rough-In and Plumbing Top-Out
- IBC Chapter 17 Special Inspection - Permitting
- Outlet for HVAC
- Ratings of Electrical rooms
- Trouble with online test taking. PRONTO and Webcam issues.
- Welcome Back from Astoria, Oregon
- 2012 IBC 424.5 Children's Play Structures area limited to 300 SF
- inspection software?
- Definition of occupied spaces
- Professional licensing when responding to disasters