November 10, 2017
Why couldn't it be both? The only difference is that repairs are for damaged materials elements, equipment or fixtures. My interpretation is that a level 1 alteration is voluntary and not driven by a need to repair damage.
May 4, 2015
If an Apartment Complex stair is being replaced because it is old and rusted, is this a Repair? or a Level 1 Alteration? Seems like either definition is Chapter 5, Classification of Work could apply.
Most Recent Topics
- Plumbing Rough-In and Plumbing Top-Out
- IBC Chapter 17 Special Inspection - Permitting
- Outlet for HVAC
- Ratings of Electrical rooms
- Trouble with online test taking. PRONTO and Webcam issues.
- Welcome Back from Astoria, Oregon
- 2012 IBC 424.5 Children's Play Structures area limited to 300 SF
- inspection software?
- Definition of occupied spaces
- Professional licensing when responding to disasters