December 6, 2017
My question is related to horizontal assemblies. I have a situation on a wood framed (type Vb) structure where a 2-hour horizontal assembly is required between interior space above and exterior space below. It is a small office building the second floor spans over three parking spaces, open on three sides. Based on a U-group classification (private parking under 1,000sf) , this triggers a 2 hour horizontal separation between the office space above and the parking below.
I am considering using UL Design L577.
My question is this:
Is this assembly rated for exterior/interior exposure? I have not dealt with this particular condition before, and was hoping to get a flyer from the forum before meeting with the fire marshal.
Also, are densglass type products considered an equivalent substitute fore Firecode C Core?
Wishing my overpriced education had touched on some of the nuance of code before graduation right about now.
Thanks in advance.
Most Recent Topics
- Fall Protection For In-ground Pool
- Trouble with online test taking. PRONTO and Webcam issues.
- Residential domestic hot water recirculation
- Jinsheng Concrete Mixer Order from USA
- Irrigation Backflow Prevention Devices
- BC Module for Building Official
- IBC 2009 for evidence stroage
- copper to steel gas pipe