February 24, 2016
Yes, pretty much have to do that. If any of these buildings have a life-safety concern, you have the authority to act accordingly and possibly ask for compliance with current requirements.
August 6, 2015
First off I would like to thank everyone in advance for any information provided. I have recently taken over as the Fire Code Official for my city. My question is this. I have several buildings that have never had a fire and life safety inspection. I also can not find out any information on these buildings from my building department (we just had a huge regime change and a lot of dead weight has been removed). We did not adopt any codes that I’m aware of until roughly 8 years ago (2009 IFC). We have now adopted the 2015 IFC. My question is, do I basically live in Chapter 11 of the Fire code for these buildings and just enforce the other compliance issues as they fit into the rest of the code?
Most Recent Topics
- E1 Electrical test.
- R-2 automatic sprinklers
- trouble viewing using purchased practice exams
- tips for new reinforced concrete plans exams?
- Type I Hood - Clearance to combustibles
- Foundation Requirement
- "BUILDING INSPECTOR" One And Two Family Dwelling Help
- Codes for Structures built from Cob....Are there any existing?
- IFC 5003.8.2
- Emergency Escape & Rescue Opening in Basement 2015 IRC