April 1, 2015
Technically it is the definition of "STORAGE, HAZARDOUS MATERIALS" and is referring to storage of hazardous materials.
There are other industry standards and code sections that would be applicable for the other items mentioned in your post.
April 9, 2019
The definition of “storage” according to the IFC is listed as the following: The keeping, retention or leaving of hazardous materials in closed containers, tanks, cylinders, or similar vessels. However, the definition nor the storage code mention the length of time that must pass before an item is considered stored. For example, if an item goes into a warehouse for scanning purposes but is immediately loaded after that scanning process. Was that item stored and would that mean the proper containment, suppression, gas detection, etc. systems would need to be in place? Or could one argue that the item was simple just moved through a warehouse?
Most Recent Topics
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- BC Module for Building Official
- Shear Walls
- Gas valve clearance from operable windows or doors
- P3 Plumbing Plans Examiners Exam
- elevator access to mezzanine and 2nd floor
- Notching load bearing wood stud wall
- Ambulatory Care Facility sprinklers
- required elevators
- Group B Occupancy