May 4, 2015
Equipment Platforms are addressed in Section 505.3 (2012). They are not considered as a portion of the floor below, don't contribute to building area or # of stories and aren't part of the means of egress. So, I would think that travel distance requirements do not apply.
April 16, 2015
2012 International Building Code - Do maximum travel distance requirements apply to not normally occupied Equipment Platforms?
Most Recent Topics
- Rebar Support
- 2015 Commercial Mechanical Inspector Exam Prep
- Exit Signage
- Toilet facilities for workers
- wood iconostasis in type II-B building
- Historic Building R-2 Apartment Building
- Is a chase different from a wall cavity?
- No applicable codes to apply to certain buildings?
- General Requirements Exam!!!
- Desuperheater Water Heater (Energy Saving Equipment)