June 16, 2015
Absolutely you can do that. A stair shaft is fire-rated, making it as safe or safer than the corridor. There is not enough information on your floorplan to make that call on that building, but the concept of exiting through a stair shaft is permitted.
October 4, 2017
I cannot find anything in the code that would not allow this but its causing questions in the office. Can one of the required 2 exits on the first floor pass through a stair shaft? See attached example. https://wmba.box.com/s/30dq7xeqn7e1x7n3gbh8qlw0mjdz6dyu
Most Recent Topics
- Rebar Support
- 2015 Commercial Mechanical Inspector Exam Prep
- Exit Signage
- Toilet facilities for workers
- wood iconostasis in type II-B building
- Historic Building R-2 Apartment Building
- Is a chase different from a wall cavity?
- No applicable codes to apply to certain buildings?
- General Requirements Exam!!!
- Desuperheater Water Heater (Energy Saving Equipment)