June 24, 2015
I have no experience in reviewing projects that use Metal Composite Material (MCM) exterior panels, but I just concluded reading a Wall Street Journal article dated 10/24/17 on this product's hazards. I opened the code book to Section 1407 and sure enough, there is as much complexity there as found in the incomprehensible energy code. The code official, overwhelmed, relies upon the registered design professional, who in turn relies upon the manufacturer. Once an "event" occurs, everyone is then at a loss as to how it could have happened. Who is with me in favor of simplifying Section 1407?
Most Recent Topics
- Rebar Support
- 2015 Commercial Mechanical Inspector Exam Prep
- Exit Signage
- Toilet facilities for workers
- wood iconostasis in type II-B building
- Historic Building R-2 Apartment Building
- Is a chase different from a wall cavity?
- No applicable codes to apply to certain buildings?
- General Requirements Exam!!!
- Desuperheater Water Heater (Energy Saving Equipment)