June 9, 2017
Oops, just noticed this is under the structural portion of the IBC/IRC.
The forum topic labels in the pull down window did not fully display. I can't seem to see how to move it, so I am going to copy it and repost under the other IBC/IRC forum label.
Apologies for the newbe mistake.
June 9, 2017
I am new to this forum, but not to the industry.
Looking to get feed back on an interpretation of a code section, and I hope I am in the right place.
2009 IBC, with Massachusetts Amendments. (this section has no amendments to it)
Section 1007.2.1 Elevators required. In buildings where a required accessible floor is four or more stories above or below a level of exit discharge, at least one required accessible means of egress shall be an elevator complying with section 1007.4
Section 1007.4 requires standby power (generator) for the elevator.
Does this mean a 4 story building with the 1st floor at the level of exit discharge does NOT need to comply with 1007.4 as there are only 3 levels ABOVE the level of exit discharge, not 4? (the first floor is the level of exit discharge, thus not above it)
Most Recent Topics
- Rebar Support
- 2015 Commercial Mechanical Inspector Exam Prep
- Exit Signage
- Toilet facilities for workers
- wood iconostasis in type II-B building
- Historic Building R-2 Apartment Building
- Is a chase different from a wall cavity?
- No applicable codes to apply to certain buildings?
- General Requirements Exam!!!
- Desuperheater Water Heater (Energy Saving Equipment)