April 7, 2015
Based on the following code references: R302.3, R302.3.1, Table R302.1(2) and R310.1 of the 2012 IRC, I have rejected 3 duplexes. My reason being that it is infeasible for the design to comply with the code requirements since fire rated Floor/Ceiling assemblies are required to be supported by an equal or greater fire rated wall assembly, and bedrooms are required to have egress windows (openings). I would appreciate feedback agreeing or disagreeing with my rejection of these structures and my interpretation of the codes as applicable to these structures.
Most Recent Topics
- Rebar Support
- 2015 Commercial Mechanical Inspector Exam Prep
- Exit Signage
- Toilet facilities for workers
- wood iconostasis in type II-B building
- Historic Building R-2 Apartment Building
- Is a chase different from a wall cavity?
- No applicable codes to apply to certain buildings?
- General Requirements Exam!!!
- Desuperheater Water Heater (Energy Saving Equipment)