June 11, 2015
R404.1.5.2 Concrete Wall Thickness
The above referenced code section states "The thickness of concrete foundation wall shall be equal to or greater than the thickness of the wall in the story above. Does the "thickness of the wall in the story above" mean the thickness of the entire wall assembly ie framing, sheating, insulation, sheetrock? Or does it mean the thickness of the nominal framing members i.e 2x4 4 inch wall 2x6 wall needs to be a 6 inch wall 2x8 8 inch wall?
Most Recent Topics
- Rebar Support
- 2015 Commercial Mechanical Inspector Exam Prep
- Exit Signage
- Toilet facilities for workers
- wood iconostasis in type II-B building
- Historic Building R-2 Apartment Building
- Is a chase different from a wall cavity?
- No applicable codes to apply to certain buildings?
- General Requirements Exam!!!
- Desuperheater Water Heater (Energy Saving Equipment)