September 7, 2017
I am working on an alteration/addition project where the south wall is roughly six feet from the property line. The building does not have an NFPA 13 sprinkler system. The building will not look right if I were to add a parapet to one side. We are looking at exception 4 and rating the roof/ceiling. The building is wood frame, roof is truss, V-B construction with a B occupancy. This is in the State of California, so we are using the California Building Code 2016 edition. Anyone successfully implemented this exception? The code is not very clear on what specifically is required. Thanks.
Most Recent Topics
- Rebar Support
- 2015 Commercial Mechanical Inspector Exam Prep
- Exit Signage
- Toilet facilities for workers
- wood iconostasis in type II-B building
- Historic Building R-2 Apartment Building
- Is a chase different from a wall cavity?
- No applicable codes to apply to certain buildings?
- General Requirements Exam!!!
- Desuperheater Water Heater (Energy Saving Equipment)