August 16, 2017
Two-story, residential R-3 single family home with 2 existing means of egress from upper and ground floor levels. Upper level exiting is from exterior stairs at front and rear. Distance between front and rear is 40 feet. I want to add an interior stair for convenience - does this stair need to follow the minimum tread width and maximum riser height requirements per code? Minimum tread width per code is 36", I would like to reduce to 30". Maximum riser height 7.75", I would like to go to 8" if possible.
Most Recent Topics
- Rebar Support
- 2015 Commercial Mechanical Inspector Exam Prep
- Exit Signage
- Toilet facilities for workers
- wood iconostasis in type II-B building
- Historic Building R-2 Apartment Building
- Is a chase different from a wall cavity?
- No applicable codes to apply to certain buildings?
- General Requirements Exam!!!
- Desuperheater Water Heater (Energy Saving Equipment)