February 4, 2019
R13 = 3.8 ci or R-20
The first number r-13 is the minimum r value of between the studs, using insulation such as fiberglass in a 2x4 wall, 3.8 ci is for R-3.8 continuous insulation (foam board, rock wool, etc) continuous on the exterior or interior of the framing. The total R of this configuration would be ~16.8 but due to the continuous 3.8 not being interrupted by framing the code considers this as compliant to R-21 as in a 2 x 6 wall with just batt insulation.
March 3, 2016
Energy code 2018 table C402.1.3. climate zone 2, all other. Wood framed and other. Value reads ‘R-13 + R-3.8ci or R-20’ what is the final required value for wood frame with batt insulation and rigid insul board, R-16.8?? what is the R-20 indicate??
Most Recent Topics
- tips for new reinforced concrete plans exams?
- required elevators
- InterNACHI CEU's
- 2015 IBC mis-referencing ACI 530-13?
- Emergency contact list for fire alarms
- Allowable number of stories in a townhouse
- IBC 2015 - 2406.1 exception
- Unattended fuel-dispensing facilities
- Sharing a HVAC system
- Increased occupant load in classroom