April 1, 2015
Minimum required by code for crawl space would be the minimum for the rim joist, which would be considered a component of the crawl space. The wall assembly does not begin until you are above the floor system.
If you chose to provide any insulation level above the minimum it would be beneficial for the thermal envelope.
March 20, 2015
May 22, 2015
2012 IECC R402.2.10 Crawl Space Walls. Commentary. The code also requires installation of insulation from the sill plate downward to the exterior finished grade level, and then an additional 24 inches either vertically or horizontally. Under this insulation scenario, the rim joist is considered part of the conditioned envelope and must be insulated to the same level as the exterior wall.
April 1, 2015
April 3, 2015
When insulating the rim joist area of a conditioned crawl space, should it be insulated the same as the exterior wall or is it considered part of the foundation wall and insulated as such?
Most Recent Topics
- online college classes on buildin code
- IPMC exam
- Residential Mechanical Inspector Exam
- Bare liner survey
- Do Manufactured Homes in Florida Fall Under Residential Codes?
- #(WhatsApp:(+23-7654003579)BUY IELTS BAND 8.5 IN INDIA,KUWAIT.
- Top Website Design Company in Los Angeles
- Embroidery digitizing by Absolute Digitizing
- polyethylene plastic pipes (PE) for drainage
- Residential landscape design Houston