Forum ProfileBack
Advanced

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
SECTION C406: ADDITIONAL EFFICIENCY PACKAGE OPTIONS (2012 IECC)
July 1, 2015
6:57 am
efbatchpl19@kennethdiabetesprotocol.com
Members

Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

thanks for it

June 30, 2015
11:13 pm
efbatchpl3@kennethdiabetesprotocol.com
Members

Members

Yo guys !! The name is RUTHANN MCGOWAN. One day i would want to do Cooking. My papa name is Eric and he is a Journalist. My mother is a Interrogator. My buddy wrote down post regarding Manifestation Miracle in that you are going to find out a lot of information and facts

April 28, 2015
8:32 am
brenton karlin
Members

Thanks for this great information

April 28, 2015
6:30 am
guadalupe delph
Members

thanks for info

April 28, 2015
4:50 am
fglqgasadkb@hotmail.com
Members

Members

These energy options seems great

April 27, 2015
1:54 am
glayds kam
Members

I have the energy conversation code package

December 2, 2014
1:23 pm
christine gries
Members
Forum Posts: 5

Kimberly,

When I select Alteration or Addition in lieu of New Construction in COMcheck, the Compliance Options box (for Section C406) goes away. Is there another place it asks for compliance with C406 when you switch to Alteration?

Christine

December 2, 2014
11:50 am
kimberly.newcomer@dc.gov
Members

Members

I don't have an answer to the original question, but a follow up question we have been running into as well:

The way we read C401 (2012 IECC) is that existing buildings (C401.2.1) do not ever need to comply with section C406.  BUT we have project teams using ComCheck, and when  you enter an alteration into ComCheck it points you to select a 406 pathway.  Are we interpreting the code incorrectly or is ComCheck?

I understand ComCheck is just a tool, and the code may be wrong, it just has raised a flag for us that we would like to check. Any input on how others are reading this would be welcome.

December 1, 2014
5:11 pm
christine gries
Members
Forum Posts: 5

Section C406: Additional Efficiency Package Options requires buildings to comply with one of three options. 

1. Efficient HVAC Performance.

2. Efficieny Lighting System.

3. On-site Supply of Renewable Energy.

Is section C406 mandatory for all commercial buildings? Is this section applicable for the total building performance in lieu of prescriptive compliance? I don't see any exceptions. 

If this section is in fact required for all buildings, designers/engineers should know that the Efficient HVAC Performance charts require 90% efficient gas fired equipment. This equipment does not exist as of yet. The highest efficiency I have been able to find is 82%. In buildings where gas fired equipment is desired, another option must be chosen (2: Lighting or 3: Renewables) OR you must use electric heat. Is this how everyone is designing buildings...without gas heat?