January 4, 2012
What’s the real deal with LED billboards?
I have heard so many conflicting opinions I am puzzled. They seem to either be the best thing since sliced bread or the worst thing that has ever happened depending on who you ask.
Some say they are not sustainable gobbling up tons of energy. Others say that one LED billboard can eliminate 20 regular billboards that are also illuminated and you can power them with a solar panel.
I’ve also read some studies and articles that split the issue both ways. Some arguments claim people will crash because they are distracted and they cannot be recycled when they fail.
Some local folks are suggesting we need to enact legislation to ban these right away to protect our communities.
What do you think?
Development Services Director
City of West Palm Beach, Florida
Most Recent Topics
- General Requirements Exam!!!
- Air Condition Units Housed In A Protected Stairwell
- Handrail clarification
- MAQ's storage vs non-storage debate
- Fix your Epson Printer Offline troubleshooting
- Fire rating requirement for openings at rated exterior wall
- HELP - High Hazard (H-1) Multi-Story Building
- HELP - High Hazard (H-1) Area of Refuge Requirements
- concrete mixer truck for sale
- Why Is My AOL Mail Not Receiving Emails?