Forum ProfileBack
Advanced

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Every 100 Ft Clean-out requirement
November 22, 2019
5:36 pm
Oregon Trail CBO
Guests

Members
Forum Posts: 8
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

With a few exceptions, the cleanout sections have been largely untouched for quite some time. Being not entirely familiar with the IPC I'll answer from a UPC perspective. The 100' cleanout dimension has existed longer than I've been involved with the plumbing trade. The oldest UPC i have at my desk is the 1988 version and it existed then. I suspect that if check my "old" National Standard, it's in there too. It's possible one was never installed, missed by an inspector as well as the installer, done without a permit, or covered by subsequent landscaping. If it is an older line and there is indeed a cleanout, it's also likely that a cast iron cleanout body was used along with a brass cleanout plug. You might try a metal detector to find a buried cap. Thought about running the camera down the stack? Often times, the cleanout is in the underfloor area, check there if not already. Good luck!

November 21, 2019
10:40 am
troy@libertyhomeinspections.net
Guests

Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum. Question on when (what year) did the ICC write/start having clean-outs every 100ft in residential building?

I'm a home inspector but I'm in the process of purchasing a home built in 1979 and I can't seem to find a clean-out besides pulling the toilet. I would like to scope the main line.Confused

Thanks

Troy