April 13, 2015
Section 505.1 (2015 IMC) requires that exhaust ducts form kitchen hoods have a smooth inner wall. Many hood manufacturers are now providing a flexible transition duct (much like a dryer exhaust duct) with the hood. I have not allowed the installation of this flex duct based on section 505.1 Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Am I interpreting the code wrong? By the way the 2015 IRC requires the same type duct.
Most Recent Topics
- Glad I found this forum!
- tips for new reinforced concrete plans exams?
- BC Module for Building Official
- Air Condition Units Housed In A Protected Stairwell
- self-closing self-lathing gates verses electric driveway gates
- Residential building code
- Ramp Slope inconsistency between 406.4.4 and 1012.2
- B and F2 separatoin
- Stories, grade planes, and elevators...oh my.
- Where did 1103.7.7 go?