February 24, 2016
Depends on the type of duct. For flexible duct, the UL 181 certification depends on the use of UL 181 tape. Use UL 181 aluminum foil tape or UL 181 FX flexible tape. For rigid metal duct (that is properly sealed), you can probably get by with any tape you want since the duct safety does not depend on the insulation layer. However, I would recommend against it because UL 181 tape is the only tape that has been tested and certified for longevity and fire safety for ducting. Regular duct tape, aluminum FSK tapes, and other tapes will quickly dry out (within a few years) and become brittle and possibly loose (although they may appear intact until disturbed).
May 4, 2015
Is the tape used on the insulation around the duct work required to be UL 181?
Most Recent Topics
- online college classes on buildin code
- IPMC exam
- Residential Mechanical Inspector Exam
- A-2 vs B
- CENSUS CODES FOR PERMITTING
- Bare liner survey
- Do Manufactured Homes in Florida Fall Under Residential Codes?
- #(WhatsApp:(+23-7654003579)BUY IELTS BAND 8.5 IN INDIA,KUWAIT.
- Top Website Design Company in Los Angeles
- Embroidery digitizing by Absolute Digitizing