April 6, 2015
Under the IRC MODEL code, a 4 story building is out of the scope of the IRC.
In NJ, the NSPC is what is currently used for the plumbing code.
Contact the local code official in the jurisdiction where the building will be built to understand what codes (and local amendments) apply to your building.
July 8, 2019
I am in NJ and receiving conflicting info about a project where I have 4 stories of residential over retail. Which mechanical, plumbing, fuel gas code applies? Would it be the mech, plumb, FG, etc. within the IRC or since the building is governed by IBC because it is over 3 stories would it be IMC, NSPC, NFGC...?
Most Recent Topics
- Plumbing Rough-In and Plumbing Top-Out
- IBC Chapter 17 Special Inspection - Permitting
- Outlet for HVAC
- Website difficulties
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- tips for new reinforced concrete plans exams?
- Brother Wireless Printer Problems
- Plumbing Count in Existing Building
- Water supply fixture units for bathroom groups
- Flex duct used on kitchenhood exhaust.